Hope Valley Uniting Church Duty of Care:
Hope Valley Uniting Church acts in all that we do to provide safe environments for people to encounter God, deepen relationships and grow in faith. Hope Valley Uniting Church has policies for duty of care which include child-safe environments and police checks. Please see the welcome centre for more information.
• There is one God, revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• Jesus Christ, Son of God, who took on our humanity, is the crucified, risen Lord. He lives and reigns for ever and calls all people into a personal relationship and to follow him in faithful obedience. Faith is awakened, enlightened and strengthened by the Holy Spirit.
• Although created in the image of God, humankind has become estranged from God and from God’s ways. Salvation from sin is by God’s freely given love and favour alone through faith in God’s reconciling act in the death of Christ on a cross.
• The Bible is the unique testimony of humankind’s encounter with God, in which we hear God speak, and by which our faith and obedience are nourished and regulated.
• The church is a body of which Christ is the head. It is a world-wide fellowship of believers, a pilgrim people on the way towards the promised goal of the Kingdom of God.
• The church, by its very nature, is called into mission in which every Christian is called to participate. The mission includes the call to personal faith, ministry of healing, deeds of kindness and addressing injustice. Such mission is expressed both locally and globally.
• Baptism is the sign of new life in Jesus Christ. We are baptised into union with Christ and called to his ministry in the world. We baptise those who confess the Christian faith, and/or their children who are presented for baptism and for whose instruction and nourishment in the faith the Church takes responsibility.
• In Holy Communion we celebrate Christ’s death and his continuing presence. We have communion with our Saviour, grow together in Christ, are strengthened for our participation in the mission of Christ in the world and, giving praise and thanks, rejoice in the foretaste of the coming Kingdom of God.
• The Spirit of God equips the church by supplying diverse gifts, and empowers believers to continue the ministry of Christ.
• In God’s timing, Jesus Christ will come again to bring about the fulfilment of all things within God’s purposes.
Hope Valley Uniting Church is a congregation of the Uniting Church in Australia (UCA). The UCA was formed in 1977 by the coming together of the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregational churches. The missional and ecumenical vision of the UCA is beautifully articulated in the Basis of Union, a brief document you can read here:The Basis of Union ( 1992 Edition )The UCA has a reformed and evangelical theological heritage, with John Wesley’s sermons and the Westminster Confession amongst its confessional documents.
The UCA is a uniquely Australian church with more than 2000 congregations, social welfare agencies and iconic ministries like Frontier Services, which serves remote and rural families and indigenous people. You can find out more about the UCA here:
About the Uniting Church in Australia